Just haven’t. Aside from being busy with other things. Still building bookcases for the library. Helping friends with computer problems. Moving piles of crap around to burn when the weather dries it out a bit more (maybe tomorrow).
Haven’t talked to my Sis since the last time a couple of weeks ago. Facebook messages have completely dropped off the map. E-mail messages are mostly from Yahoo News.
Speaking of which: thought this was pretty interesting…
Pet owner killed by dogs after saving them from death
Wed, 3 Feb 2010 10:05 am PST
Reuters – A Slovenian who saved his three dogs from being put down for attacking humans was himself mauled to death by them, police said Wednesday.
Figures, doesn’t it.
And I think this is just sad:
Ancient dialect extinct after last speaker dies
Fri, 5 Feb 2010 10:10 am PST
Reuters – One of the world’s oldest dialects, which traces its origins to tens of thousands of years ago, has become extinct after the last person to speak it died on a remote Indian island.
I mean, didn’t anyone in the area have a tape recorder? Ah well…
Just not much going on. Still. Had a friend try to convince me the other day that I’m really a Republican instead of a Libertarian. I’m somewhat conservative, in a redneck sort of way. I think the next set of elections the Democrats will be on the way out…
Anywho, got off the beaten track there.
We just set a record as the warmest January in the Northwest since records started being kept. (Or so I think I heard.) Except for a couple of weeks of bitter cold it’s really been light jacket weather this winter. Snowed here at the house twice: once for about 10 minutes at night and another for part of a day. Light stuff though. And today the East Coast is getting hammered. Gotta check the news again.
Am I rambling? Thought so. I’m throwing this together while downloading updates for X-Plane (one of the best flight sims around). Doing this on "dial up" is taking forever!
SWMBO and I are planning a "day trip" to the Channeled Scablands over in eastern Washington the first part of March. I just love that High Desert type of landscape and really miss it sometimes. Trees are nice, but, give me the landscape down around Cottonwood Cove, Nevada any day. Trip ought to be fun though. Think we’ll take the dog along to see how he does on a long trip. Gotta find a pet friendly motel along the way though.
Okay, it’s time to end this. I’ll leave you with:
FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE
1. "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who don’."~Thomas Jefferson
2. "Those who trade liberty for security have neither." ~ John Adams
3. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
4. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
5. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
6. Gun control is not about guns; it’s about control.
7. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
8. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
9. You don’t shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
10. Assault is a behavior, not a device.
11. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
12. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.
13. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the ohers.
14. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you NOT understand?
15. Guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians.
16. When you remove the people’s right to bear arms, you create slaves.
17. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.