We Cannot RemainÂ Silent!
The Equality Act is a dangerous threat toÂ ourÂ nation.
I am writing to you about a very dangerous piece of legislationâ€”the Equality Act. The Biden Administration has said they want to pass this within their first 100 days. I cannot say this more emphaticallyâ€”for people, for businesses, and for ministries of faith, the Equality Act is a threat to life as we know it in our nation today. It’s a real game-changer.
The Equality Act will:
- Designate schools, churches, and healthcare organizations as â€œpublic accommodations.â€ With this, schools, churches, and hospitals could be forced to accept the governmentâ€™s beliefs and mandates about sexual orientation and gender identity. That would be highly intrusive and incredibly far-reaching. It will threaten everyday speech where people can be fined or lose their jobs for using the wrong name or pronouns.
- Legislate that we allow boys in girlsâ€™ sports, boys in girlsâ€™ locker rooms, men in womenâ€™s shelters, and men in womenâ€™s prisons. It will force teachers and students to publicly pretend that a biological male is a female. Schools will be encouraged or mandated to instruct first, second, and third graders that they can choose to be a boy or a girl, or neither, or both, making biological sex (and science) a relic of the past.
- Â Use the force of law across all 50 states to strip Christian and other religious ministries of their right to hire people of shared faith to pursue a shared mission. Can you imagine a Christian organization being forced to hire people hostile to its deeply held beliefs who have no passion for its beliefs, teachings, and mission? That doesnâ€™t work.
- Strip health professionals of their rights of conscience. It will force doctors and medical professionals who long to do no harm to engage in gender transition treatments such as hormone-blocking, cross-sex hormones or surgery. It is obvious that a Catholic or faith-based hospital should not have to perform gender transition surgeries that go entirely against all they believe.
- Be a tool used by the government to deny or threaten accreditation to religious colleges and universities if they do not satisfy the demands of the secular Left to apply sexual orientation and gender identity to dorms, sports, places of privacy and even teachings. The Act could be used as a weapon to threaten the availability of federal student loans and grants to students at certain disfavored religious schools.
These are just a few examples. Friends, this is a pivotal time for our nation. This impact of this legislation is immense. We must not remain silent and accept what we know is wrong.
People of faith need to PRAY. Churches need to recognize the significance of this and pray corporately, asking for God’s intervention and mercy to extend the religious freedoms we have been blessed with for so long.
In these fleeting hours before the Equality Act comes up for a vote again, we must act now!
(Me: Y’all still happy with Biden/Harris or the Democrats in general? Dipshidiots.)